Searching the Library Catalog
Practically every library lists the materials it owns in what is called a catalog. Today, most of these catalogs are electronic and many are accessible over the Internet. In this tutorial, you will learn about searching the library catalog for the Webster-Eden Library System, as well as how to access catalogs for other libraries.
An instructional video, Finding books in the library catalog, provides an online demontration of the basic steps in the process. A complete list of the videos in our How to Video Series, as well as system requirements for playing these presentations, is also available.
This tutorial is made up of eight brief sections:
- Overview of the Webster-Eden Library System Catalog
- Connecting to the Catalog
- Moving around in the Catalog
- Searching in the Catalog
- Exploring the MOBIUS System
- Locating materials in the Webster-Eden Library System
- Accessing other Library Catalogs
- Finding videos and other media materials in the Catalog
We suggest you do these sections in order, but you may jump to a different section if you so choose.
At the bottom of each page, you will see links that will take you back to the Table of Contents of this tutorial, to the Next Page within the section, or to the Next Section. You may also choose to leave the tutorial and return to the Research Guides page.
Ready? Let's go to the next section.