About the program
In order to support its commitment to lifelong learning, Webster University Library is
pleased to offer the Research Fellows Program. Begun in 1999, the program provides
"main-campus" library resources and services to Research Fellows of Webster University
- Eligibility: Alumni of Webster University in good standing may apply.
- Fee: $300/year
Resources and services available through the program
We are able to offer various services to support your research needs. The following are provided to participants in the program:
- Access to the library's 175+ leased online databases
- Thousands of full-text sources covering numerous subject fields
- Full-text reference works - encyclopedias, directories and factual sources
- Statistical compendiums for current economic analysis and trade information
- Investment reports and financial data on U.S. and international companies.
- Streaming academic videos
- Records on more than 39 million books and other materials owned by over 25,000 libraries worldwide
- Document Delivery of journals and books (up to 25 per month) owned
by the library system to home or office.
- Journal articles are
posted to a secure site on our web server and notification is sent by e-mail.
- Books, DVDs, and other media are delivered anywhere in the U.S.A. Shipping,
including return shipping, is free of charge.
- Ask a Librarian service providing professional reference assistance
with research questions.
- Can provide answers requiring brief facts, statistics, addresses,
- Advice on database selection and resources to consult for your project.
- Responses provided within 24 hours Monday through Friday.
Please note that services are subject to certain conditions and schedule changes may occur at various times of the academic year.
The educational licenses of the Library's database vendors restrict usage of their databases to current Webster faculty, staff, and students (including Research Fellows). Use of these databases is restricted for your own personal use. Your personal University ID may not be shared with others.
This institution reserves the right to revoke Research Fellow privileges and refund the pro-rated fee if, in its judgment, compliance is not met.
Application procedures for the Research Fellows Program
To apply, please complete our application form and mail it to us with a check or return the form and pay online .
Renewal notices will be sent out a month before your membership