What is Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
Interlibrary Loan is the library service through which current students, faculty and staff from either Webster University or Eden Theological Seminary may request research materials which are not available from either the Webster-Eden Library system or another MOBIUS library.
How long does it take for materials to arrive?
- Periodical articles (copies): 5 to 7 days excluding weekends and holidays
- Books: Usually 10 days excluding weekends and holidays
- If we are unable to fill your request we will notify you via the e-mail you used when you created your ClioWeb Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery account. You may also log into your ClioWeb ILL/DocDel account at any time in order to check on the status of your request(s).
What can be borrowed through ILL?
- Printed materials (i.e. you may not borrow non-print media like videotapes).
- Articles from periodicals which the Webster-Eden Library System does
not own or have access to through an online database. We cannot borrow complete issues of a periodical.
- Books not owned by Eden or Webster or any other MOBIUS library.
- Titles which the library owns but are currently unavailable.
- Books published after 1870.
What types of materials are difficult if not impossible to
- Reference or rare books
- Conference and working papers
- Educational tests
What are the steps for pick up and return of materials?
- Requests should include an acceptance of copyright restrictions.
- We will notify you via the e-mail you used when you created your ClioWeb Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery account when each item is available OR if we are unable to fill your request.
- You may also log into your ClioWeb ILL/DocDel account at any time in order to check on the status of your request(s).
- You may call the Service Desk at 314-968-6952 to inquire if a book which you have requested has arrived.
- Print materials are picked up, and books returned, at the 1st floor Service Desk.
- You must show us a piece of valid, current, photo identification, such as your Webster issued ID card or a driver's license, before we will check anything out to you.
- If you fail to return ILL books on time, you may lose your interlibrary loan privileges.
- Patrons are responsible for replacment costs and fines for any ILL materials
How long can I keep a book and can I renew it?
- The lending library determines the lending period for books and if they may be renewed.
- To request a renewal, call the ILL office at 314-246-7807 three days before the due date.
- The lending library may or may not grant a renewal.
What Is the cost of Interlibrary loans?
All costs of ILL are subsidized by the Webster-Eden Library System so it's
free for eligible patrons!.