Mathematics & Computer Science Research home > Recommended Databases
- Core Databases for Computer Science
- Core Databases for Information Technology Management
- Additional information is available in a related tutorial: Doing Research in Business & Management
Begin by reading the descriptions for the "primary" databases listed below to find the database which seems to include the type of information you are seeking. To gather all the information you need though, you may need to search several databases from the primary list. Databases are available to current Webster University faculty, staff, and students.
- ACM Digital Library
- Produced by the Association for Computing Machinery. This database offers the full-text of ACM magazines and journals , conference proceedings, and special interest group (SIG) publications. Most of the publications are technical in nature. Topics include networks, computer-human interaction, databases, modeling and simulations, system security, programming languages, and software engineering. The database provides a browseable list of publications and also full search capabilities.
In addition to the more technical computer information found in the core databases above, you may also need to find articles on business issues affected by information technology and computers or management issues which affect information systems personnel. The databases below are good starting points to find this information. You may also wish to look at the tutorial on Doing Research in Business & Management.
- ABI/Inform Complete (a Bell & Howell ProQuest database)
- This well known database indexes and provides abstracts for articles from almost 1600 leading business and management publications, including over 350 English-language titles from outside the U.S. The full-text or complete articles are available from more than 800 periodical titles.
- Business Source Complete (an EbscoHost database)
- This comprehensive index covers over 25,500 business magazines, journals and reports, including 2,360 peer-reviewed journals in management, economics, finance, accounting, international business, and marketing. Provides full-text from the first issue (1930s 1980s) for about 40 classic periodicals (e.g. Harvard Business Review, Administrative Science Quarterly, etc.) and over 7000 full-text titles not included in ABI or Business & Company. Includes company, country and industry reports from Datamonitor, 50+ Harvard Faculty Seminar Series (FSS) videos, articles from TWST (The Wall Street Transcript), and more.
- Business and Company Resource Center
- Provides company and industry profiles, financial information, numerous full-text articles and investment reports. Users can search by various criteria, including company, industry or personal name, ticker symbol, geographic region, subject, and SIC/NAICS code.