|Political Science & Debate Web sites|
Basic sites |
U.S. Politics & Elections |
Opinion polls |
Countries & Regions |
Basic Political Science sites
- Richard Kimber's Political Science Resources
- Comprehensive site with emphasis on British politics. Covers topics such as political thought and theory, manifestos, international relations, data archives, etc.
U.S. Politics & Elections
- Indexes current headline links from over 200 national, regional and international news sources to news stories about the 2000 presidential candidates.
- Very current source for links to political news sources, issue sites, and links to parties, candidates, advocacy groups, etc. at the state and federal level. Offers e-mail updates.
- National Election Studies
- Concentrates on making available data from various surveys related to national elections in the U.S. Provides copies of surveys, various reports and papers, and data sets that can be downloaded for free. Registration is free but required for downloading.
Project Vote Smart
- Information on elections and links to homepages for presidential candidates.
- The Gallup Poll
- Pew Global Attitudes Project
- From the Web site: "a series of worldwide public opinion surveys that encompasses a broad array of subjects ranging from people's assessments of their own lives to their views about the current state of the world and important issues of the day."
- The Polling Report
- A searchable site which provides the results of surveys from various polling organizations. Issues covered include politics, public policy, business, the economy, popular culture, and society.
- Survey Research Center (Princeton U.)
- Gateway to Internet resources on surveys, polls, etc. Covers national and selected state sources, as well as some international sites. Provides links to polling companies, professional organizations, academic centers, etc. Also includes information on statistical software packages and resources on methodology.
- Political Database of the Americas
- Covers countries in North, Central, and South America as well as island nations such as Cuba, the Dominican Republic, and others in the Caribbean. Includes texts of constitutions, links to political parties, information on elections, and governmental structure.
- Debate Central (University of Vermont)
- Lists and links to debate organizations and programs, job
openings, instructional material, and information on current debate topics.
- Debate Central
- Similar to the site listed above, this one is sponsored by the National Center for Policy Analysis.
Related subject Web sites:
Article / database: