Is the article available online or in print?
First, search the Journal/Magazine/Newspaper A-Z List using the title of the journal to determine if we have the journal and where to find it.
If the article is available online, access the database using your Webster University 7-digit ID or library barcode for Eden patrons and view it.
If the article is in print at either the Webster University Library or the Luhr Reference and Reading Library at Eden Theological Seminary you must retrieve the copy of the periodical from the library where it is shelved.
- Periodicals may not be checked out, so you will have to copy or scan the article.
- Periodicals with the location Webster Current Periodicals are shelved in alphabetical order by title on the first floor of Webster University Library.
- Periodicals with the location Webster U. Bound Periodical Lower Level are shelved in alphabetical order by title in the Lower Level of Webster University Library.
- Periodicals with the location Eden Seminary Current Periodicals are shelved in alphabetical order by title in the Luhr Reading and Reference Library at Eden Theological Seminary.
If the article is not available in either full-text online or in print...
- When you find a citation in one of our databases you will save yourself time by using the Article Linker button to get to the Article Linker page where you'll find directions for requesting a copy of the article.
- You'll now be directed to your Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery account (ILLiad), and you'll immediately see that all of the citation information has been filled in for you and you simply have to submit the request.
Once I request an article how long does it take to arrive and how will I get it?
- We will always place a request for an article on your behalf but do not guarantee that we'll find another library which is willing to supply us with a copy.
- If we find a lending library, it takes an average of 5-7 business days (excluding weekends and U.S. holidays) for the copy of the article to arrive.
- Most lending libraries send us a digital copy of the article which we post to your ILL/DocDel account (ILLiad).
- We will contact you at the e-mail address you've provided when you first logged into your ILL/DocDel account (ILLiad) when the article is either available for you to view or if we cannot find a lender. You may also log into yourILL/DocDel account (ILLiad) to view the status of your request(s) at any time.