The library computers are set up differently than those at other campus computer labs. Please refer to the related topics to the right for detailed instructions on how to use.
- You may save data to Window's drive H: (My Documents) and the Mac's student drive. This area does not get get cleared on a reboot so your work is safe if you save here.
- SInce files on drive H: (My Documents) and the Mac's student drive don't get deleted automatically when you restart your computer, delete your work YOURSELF. (Think privacy)
- If you don't delete your files from the Window's Drive H: or the Mac's Student drive, don't expect them to be there when you come back.
- We do periodically delete the files.
- Someone else might do it for you
- The #1 reason that people lose their work is when retrieving a file from e-mail.
- FIrst, please SAVE the file to Drive H: or the Mac's student drive
- Then Open the file work on it.
- When you finish editing, SAVE the file to Drive H: or the Mac's student drive
- Then reattach the file to your e-mail and resend it.
- Save often
- Save to more than one place or filename