High speed hardwire ethernet drops are available throughout the building for use with your personal computer's
- Please do not unplug library computers to connect to the network.
- Do not leave your laptop unattended! The library is not responsible for stolen equipment.
- Avoid extending network and electrical cables across aisles where they might be safety
|To connect your laptop to the ethernet network...|
1. Use the right cable
In order to connect to a wired network drop, a CAT5 or CAT6 network cable is required (This is not the same as a phone cable).
To distinguish between an ethernet and phone cable. Check the number of metal
connectors exposed on the plug.
- Ethernet cables have 8 connectors
- Phone cables only have 4 connectors and the plastic casing itself is
smaller in height and width.
2. Use the right port
Make sure you plug your ethernet cable into the correct port. The correct port will have an icon, with computers
connected by lines, next to it.