Please see the guides on the right for detailed instructions on how to use your laptop in the Library.
- Network drops are available throughout the building for use with your laptop's Ethernet card.
- CAT5 or CAT6 network cable is required.
- You may use your own cable, or one may be checked out at the 1st floor Service Desk.
- Please do not unplug library computers to connect to the network.
- Wireless is also available throughout the building but you must have a valid Connections ID.
- Printing is not available directly from your laptops.
Getting assistance for your laptop
Library Systems staff will assist laptop users with connecting to the public laptop drops. This will take the form of providing you with instructions and letting you make the changes to the laptop.
- Library Systems staff will not make modifications to users' laptops under any circumstance.
- Laptop users with personally owned laptops are expected to be responsible for any other troubleshooting or repair of their laptops.
- Users with university owned laptops may contact the Help Desk at x5995 for assistance with problems.