|First Lay Board of Directors|
Before Webster became independent in 1967, the institution was owned and operated by the Sisters of Loretto. In 1967, Webster transferred ownership to a lay board, the first time such a change had ever been made at a Catholic college. Below are the members of that first historic Board of Directors (names and positions in 1967 are given).
- Sanford J. Zimmerman, president of Famous-Barr Co. in St. Louis and vice president of the May Department Stores Co. (Webster Board chairman)
- Sr. Francetta Barberis S.L., president emeritus of Webster College (photo)
- Detlev W. Bronk, president, Rockefeller University
- Patrick F. Crowley, attorney, Chicago
- R.H. Dean, president, Ralston Purina Co.
- Alvin C. Eurich, president, Academy for Educational Development Inc., New York
- Jane Hart, wife of Senator Philip A. Hart, Michigan
- Leonard Hornbein, public relations consultant, Webster Groves
- Peg Jostedt, executive, Gardner Advertising Co., New York (Webster class of 1947)
- Lee M. Liberman, vice president of marketing, Laclede Gas Co.
- Francis V. Lloyd Jr., director, Laboratory School, University of Chicago
- Margie May, wife of Morton D. May, St. Louis
- Wayne L. Millsap, attorney, St. Louis
- George D. O'Neill, firm of Train, Cabot and Associates, New York
- Sr. Rose Maureen Sanders S.L., Provincial, Webster Groves
- Monte C. Throdahl, vice present of technology, Monsanto Co.
- Michael Witunski, director of external relations, McDonnell Douglas Corp.
- Harris Wofford, president, State University of New York, Old Westbury, NY