Office of Student Affairs (Webster University Archives)
The description below provides some basic information about the origin of the collection, the materials available, and any restrictions in use that are in place. Note that the list of materials may not be complete as items may be added to the archives throughout the year. Use of the Webster Archives is by appointment only. See our Planning a Visit page for more information. If you have questions, contact the archives staff.
Administrative/Biographical History: The Office of Student Affairs currently includes a number of special service centers:
- Adult and Women's Programs (including the Women's Resource Center)
- Athletics (reinstated in 1984 after a 15 year absence). Webster University joined the NLCAA (National Little College Athletic Association) in 1984 and the NCAA Division III in Fall of 1985. Webster is currently a member of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC). The team mascot is the Gorlok, named for the nearby streets of Gore and Lockwood.
- Career Center, Health Services (including the Wellness Center)
- Counseling and Life Development
- Housing and Residential Life
- International Student Center
- Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Student Activities
- the University Center (which opened in the fall of 1992)
Scope/Content: Includes miscellaneous materials, brochures, orientation materials, student handbooks, and correspondence.
Conditions of Access and Use: The collection is open for research use by appointment only.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use: Copyright restrictions may apply.
Languages and Scripts of the Material: Materials entirely in English.